Terms and Conditions Governing Use of Spect8
Notes on dispute resolution:
You will find the EU Commission’s online dispute resolution platform here:
Our e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org
We are neither willing nor required to participate in dispute resolution proceedings before a consumer mediation board.
Sec. 1 Subject-matter of agreement, scope
- vAudience GmbH, represented by its managing director Dr. Toni Wagner, Friedrich-Bergius-Ring 15, 97076 Würzburg, hereinafter “vAudience”, offers Users registered on its website spect8.com the ability to meet in a virtual location with other Users as part of an electronic fan community to take part in eSports and gaming streams.
- These General Terms and Conditions of Business shall govern exclusively. Any terms and conditions of the User which are in conflict with or which depart from these Terms and Conditions are not acknowledged except where vAudience has expressly consented to them in an individual case.
Sec. 2 Amendments
vAudience reserves the right to amend these General Terms and Conditions of Business at any time without the need to indicate reasons for this. vAudience shall notify Users of the amendment of the General Terms and Conditions of Business no later than four weeks before the amended Terms and Conditions enter into force and shall forward them to the User. Where the User does not object to the amended Terms and Conditions within 2 weeks from his or her receipt of the notice of amendment, the amended Terms and Conditions shall be deemed accepted by the User. Where the User asserts a timely objection to the amended Terms and Conditions, vAudience shall be entitled to terminate the agreement effective as of the date on which the amended General Terms and Conditions were to enter into force or to continue the contract on the previous Terms and Conditions.
Sec. 3 Registration
- In order to use the services offered by vAudience, the User must initially carry out registration.
- A registration is only possible by using a Twitch account.
- The User Agreement is formed when the user completes the registration.
Sec. 4 Use of Spect8
- By concluding an agreement on use, the User is granted a limited licence to use the services offered on Spect8, which is non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable and revocable by vAudience.
- The User is prohibited from using his or her account for commercial purposes, and in particular for any advertising purposes.
- The User undertakes that he or she shall use vAudience’s services only for the contractually permitted purposes and shall not infringe on third-party rights or violate any legal rules.
- The User hereby acknowledges he shall receive a licence, which is non-exclusive and not sub-licensable, to the virtual goods which are provided to him or her free-of-charge or which he or she purchases by means of virtual currency for the duration of the agreement on use.
- The User bears sole responsibility for his or her communications with other Users via the services of Spect8.
Sec. 5 Blocking of Users, termination
- vAudience may block the User account of any User where such User violates these GTCs or other applicable law.
- vAudience may, in particular, block a User if the User violates the rights of third parties, misuses the services of vAudience or where other good cause to do so is present.
- The User Agreement may be terminated at any time without the need to observe any notice period and the User’s account may be deleted at any time.
- Where vAudience blocks or terminates a User’s account, that User shall have no right to re-register.
Sec. 6 Availability of platform
vAudience disclaims liability for claims arising from the fact that its Internet platform is temporarily unavailable to Users, in particular due to maintenance work, provided that the downtime does not exceed a total period of more than 1% of any year per calendar year and in cases of longer downtimes, where there has been no intentional act or gross negligence.
Sec. 7 Final provisions
Contracts are formed solely in English. If one or more of the terms of these Terms and Conditions Governing Use are deemed invalid in whole or in part, this shall not affect the validity of the remaining terms hereof.
Version from February 23, 2017